Hello everyone and welcome to the 2019 St. Anthony Village High School Boys Swimming Team!
My name is Molly Hebzynski and I am very excited to be taking on the role as Head Coach for the upcoming season. Last night we had our pre-season meeting where we discussed our team handbook, practice and meet schedule, and fundraising. If you were not able to make it, or you were one of the swimmers who didn’t get a packet to sign, I have attached the handbook along with a swim term glossary for anyone unfamiliar with the terminology to this email. My hope is that we will have all this information posted on the Huskies site soon https://www.letsgohuskies.com/page/3054
As a recap of last night’s meeting:
- You must have all registration forms completed and turned into the athletic department or your school, if you do not do this, you cannot practice or compete
- Our practice schedule is tentatively: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm – this WILL include dryland/light weight training, and Tuesday/Thursday 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm, there may be the possibility of a Saturday morning practice (Home pool: St. Anthony Village High School) FIRST DAY OF PRACTICE: November 26th, 2018.
- As far as meets go for the season, we have dual meets set for Dec 11, Dec 18, Jan 15, Jan 17, Jan 24, Feb 7 with the potential of an invite on Jan 26. Sections will be Feb 21 and 23 with State the following week.
- As far as fundraising goes, I need help from parents and athletes to help generate some ideas for fundraising, they could be from last year or completely new. If you have any ideas or would like to spear head something, please let me know! In the past I’ve had teams do Cub Foods bagging, garage sales, and a sponsored restaurant donation night.
- For team apparel/warm ups, this is something that is still in the works along with team suits, I will have more information regarding this soon and will let you all know as I do. As for equipment, if you have your own – great! If not, it is my understanding that we may have equipment available for everyone to use, again, this is something I need to verify and will inform you all as I know.
- If someone you know is on the team but their email isn’t on the email list, please have them email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can add them. I will be receiving a DeLaSalle email account soon, but in the meantime please refer to my gmail. If you are not swimming this year and do NOT want to be on the email list, please respond to this and let me know, I will remove your name.
- Parents, please be on the lookout soon for an email regarding volunteer opportunities at swim meets
- If you have questions or concerns regarding any of the information in the handbook, in this email, or in general for the upcoming season, please let me know!
Thank you to everyone who attended last night and to those who couldn’t make it, know that I look forward to meeting you! I’m excited for the season to begin, go Huskies!
Coach Molly Hebzynski